Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anti-Puff Eye Roller... Does It Work?

Garnier Anti-Puff Eye Roller ... Does It Work??

My thoughts:
If you're a student, a working woman, or a mother of young children then you know what it feels like to wake up feeling sleep-deprived with puffy bags beneath your eyes. It happens to the best of us, and it seems that it's always then night before an important event when you want to look and feel your best. Imagine being handed a new invention that can diminish the appearance of the puffiness in just a matter of seconds... Well, I'm not sure if the Garnier Anti-Puff Eye Roller works that well, but they are definitely onto something! Pictured at the right, the roller comes in a green tube about 5 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter at it's fullest point. On the end is a small metal ball (imagine the end of a ball point pen except a lot larger). It costs $13.49 on drugstore.com, however I purchased mine on sale for about $8 at RiteAid in January. I decided to give it a try, after hearing good reviews about it from various YouTube videos. It seems like a great concept when you think about it, especially to somebody like me who has tried everything to get rid of her under-eye puffiness, from teabags to ice to cold compresses to chilled spoons (yes, some of them were quite unpleasant, especially first thing in the morning!) I purchased it during an afternoon trip to RiteAid, so I waited until the next morning to use it with my facial regimine. I washed my face, applied my moisturizer, and then gently rolled it from the inner corner to the other corner of my eye about three times (until I could feel a thin layer of the product beneath my eyes). I was worried that it might irritate my eyes a bit, but it was a very gentle formula and I did not experience any discomfort. However, unless the tube is tilted properly during application (adjust your hold to find the perfect position for you) then the black plastic that is surrounding the metal ball can feel as though it is scratching your skin, which is unpleasant. The first time that I felt that scratching feeling, I checked and made sure that it hadn't actually created a scratch on my skin but rather it only felt that way for a moment. Once I figured out how to hold it properly, I experienced a nice smooth application. The product that is dispensed from the ball is like a serum that is packed with ingredients that giving it a cooling effect, plus caffiene that helps with deflating those sleepy balloons that can develop beneath your eyes while sleeping. Upon application, I noticed that the serum provides a very pleasant, refreshing feeling and and really made my eyes feel more awake and alert. I waited a few moments to see if the puffiness dimished, and I did notice a difference, however it was not a significant one. So is it worth the full price? I don't think so. However, if you can find one on sale like I did, then I suggest purchasing it and trying it out for yourself. I feel good having one on hand in my makeup bag for those mornings when my sleepy eyes are hardly the picture of beauty. If you do purchase one, my suggestion is to store it in your refrigerator. I think that storing it in this cool place would give the refreshing factor an extra boost! If you give it a try, let me know what you think, and have a great day!
- Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment