Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A $1 Eye Primer? No Way!!!

Finally an affordable eye primer that works!


So the other day I was at Target (love!) because I wanted to check out the new line of E.L.F. products that were released for Spring 2011. As I was perusing the display, one product in particular caught my eye... an eyelid primer for ONE DOLLAR! I did not know that such a product existed! While I was a tad bit skeptical of the quality of the product because of the inexpensive price, but I figured that the worst case scenerio would only put me out a dollar, so it was worth a try. I got home and swatched it on the back of my hand first, and noticed that it was not watery, but rather a decent consistency (similar to Benefit Stay Don't Stray, but thinner than Urban Decay Primer Potion). I swatched the three products on the back of my hand, the photo on the right shows them in this order: Benefit Stay Don't Stray, UD Primer Potion in Eden, E.L.F. Eyelid Primer. As you can see, the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer has a nice neutral undertone, so it should work on everyone from the fair skinned to the darker skinned beauties. It blends in beautifully and dries rather quickly, allowing for quick and easy shadow application. The tube contains half of the amount of product of Urban Decay Primer Potion (1.7fl oz as opposed to 3.4fl oz), however, it costs $8 less per ounce, which in my opinion is phenomenal! Another perk of the product is that there is absolutely no animal testing, which allows you to use the product with a peace of mind. This is an excellent everyday eye primer and I recommend it to anybody, whether your eyelids are dry or a bit oily, this will keep those shadows in place and creaseless all day long! Good job E.L.F!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment